Back in 1948, street dragging in Visalia was getting to be a problem. Fifteen high school boys, wanted to build cars and compete safely, started holding meetings in the city's recreation hall. First a policeman, then several civic leaders became interested in the group. The club name was adopted and eventually the National Hot Rod Association rules were drafted into the by-laws. White jackets with Vapor Trailers emblazoned across the back in green began to predominate the San Joaquin Valley drag strips.
In 1951 the club incorporated as a non profit corporation and became involved in promoting and organizing drag racing events at a local airport with the approval of the city council, Visalia police and California Highway Patrol. The event grew and continued to attract a number racing enthusiasts.
Since the club's very early beginnings in drag racing the club embraced the idea of giving back to the community for their support through out the years and continue that tradition to this day.